Vertigo is Spinning sensation with feeling of motion of self or surrounding.
- Acute attack is associated with nausea, vomiting, sweating & unsteadiness.
- In severe attack sinking feeling or feeling of impending death is there.
- The common causes are neurological & ear related. They have to be investigated.
- Patient may have single attack, recurrent attacks & may feel chronically unsteady (Chronic disequilibrium).
Certain diseases can be misinterpreted as Vertigo by patient:-
- Double vision due to any cause.
- Unsteadiness due to brain causes.
- Unsteadiness due to Numbness in feet – Neuropathy